Sunday, July 28, 2013

Big Fish

 
We went on the road again. I am so happy we were able to take a break from the city and live in the North Woods for a while. This road trip to Wisconsin is about five hours from our home, not too bad after our sixteen hour road trip to Colorado. When I was a child, my parents would rent a cottage in Boulder Junction, Wisconsin for a week in the summer and we would fish, play cards, explore the lake looking for frogs and crayfish, swim, and eat fish. I have so many wonderful childhood memories spending time up north. My parents have owned a lake house we call it "Big Fish" on Lake Macula in Presque Isle for 19 years. One of the many reasons why I love going up there is to get away from the city life including taking a break from cell phones and emails. I also love that my kids have learned to appreciate nature and are making memories here. One of my all time favorites each morning is waking to the delicious greasy breakfast my dad makes for every one. It is so not good for you, but so amazingly delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment